“There’s only one thing people remember — your name and what kind of person you were. Giving back is what it is really about,” David Director.
Our community involvement is led by David Director, President, who is involved in multiple community activities and organizations including five non-profit boards. David has been recognized both locally and nationally for his charitable efforts. Giving back has always been at the center of David’s life. Both his parents, the late Arthur Director and former President of Connecticut Lighting Centers and late Edythe Director taught David the importance of helping others.
Charitable Organizations We Support:
- Rushford Center: Friends of Rushford Award; Community Spirit Award 2004
- Accolades Awards for Giving – Presented by the Hartford Business Journal & American Lung Association 2004
- Middlesex Chamber: Distinguished Citizen Award 2004
- Scoutreach Committee of the Connecticut Rivers Council: Boy Scouts of America – 2008 Whitney M. Young, Jr. Service Award
- Boy Scouts of America: James E. West Fellowship Award: November 2011 Good Scout Award
- Rushford Golf Tournament
- WTIC Holiday Store/Salvation Army
- WRCH 100.5 RADIO INTERVIEW – Anti Bullying Campaign
- CBS Radio (WTIC AM 1080) – Anti Bullying Campaign
- David Director Wins Industry Award – Residential Lighting’s Industry Leadership Award
- David Director Honored by Boy Scouts of America
- Connecticut Lighting Centers Participates in Project Home
The 2011 WTIC 1080 Holiday Store event.
Pictured is David Director (left), President of CT Lighting, Ray Dunaway (middle) from WTIC 1080 and Major Brian Glasco (right), Greater Hartford Area Coordinator for the Salvation Army.
The 2014 WTIC 1080 Holiday Store event. Pictured (middle) is David Director, President of CT Lighting, Ray Dunaway (l) from WTIC 1080 and Major Brian Glasco (r), Greater Hartford Area Coordinator for the Salvation Army.
Recipients of the 2011 Good Scout Award from the Boy Scouts of America Connecticut Rivers Council are (left to right): David A. Director, president of CT Lighting Centers, Norman A. Needleman, CEO Tower Laboratories, Inc. and Michael J. DiPiro, Life Scout Sam Clark,15, Troop 16 chartered by Third Congregational Church in Middletown, Teresa J. Opalacz, Michael A. Sokolowski
Cutting the ribbon at the Connecticut Science Center for thier Energy City exhibit is Todd Director (far right), Vice President of Connecticut Lighting Centers, CSC’s Hank Gruner, Northeast Utilities Director Matt Gibbs, Frank Webb’s Bath Center Showroom Manager Wanda Garay, F.W. Webb Company Account Manager John Blades, and Welles R. Guilmartin from Guilmartin DiPiro Sokolowski, LLC.