A grand chandelier lights the main sanctuary in the Rocky Hill Congregational Church. From circa 1890, this chandelier was originally fit for oil burners and was called “The Great Church Light” by Isaac P. Frink, the inventor of the best silver-plated corrugated crystal glass reflectors available at the time. Around 50 years ago, the fixture was wired for electricity and had since been untouched. The Rocky Hill Congregational Church, with its large clock tower, has been a beloved town landmark for over 200 years. In celebration of this, the church has begun a number of renovation projects, including the repair and restoration of their Great Church Light.
Restoration Lighting Gallery was contacted to take on this project. Bringing it back to light seemed only a dream for the congregation, until the skilled craftsmen at Restoration Lighting Gallery paired with a team of professional electricians to transform the chandelier into a majestic beauty. The restoration was completed in an incredibly short period of time and the chandelier was reinstalled on a brand new lift system, provided by Restoration Lighting Gallery, in time for the Rocky Hill Congregational Church’s Easter Sunday service.
“The restoration was really well done - it was timely and professional and our congregation has responded positively. This was perfect for our 200 year celebration!” - Arlene Painter, Church Director
“This is a great example of a multifaceted project coming together successfully to completion. The coordination of electrical contractors, glass manufacturers, and our superior craftsmen couldn’t have fallen together better. A project of this magnitude would have taken several months to complete under normal circumstances and we did it in a fraction of the time.” - Mark Okun, General Manager of Restoration Lighting Gallery
Mon - Wed: 9am - 6pm
Thu - Fri: 9am - 8pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Sunday: Noon - 5pm